11 December 2012

HOT HAM & CHEESE DIP


I recently had my 3rd annual Christmas party (Ho Ho Ho) and made this dip.  A friend of mine came over to help me get ready beforehand (and to open the wine for me... I mean really, that's what friends are for!)  And I do believe that in the short time between the oven and the table, half of the dip disappeared... I'm not sure what happened...


HOT HAM & CHEESE DIP

8 thick slices smoked ham, finely chopped
1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1 bag mini toasts, crackers, or freshly sliced bread

Combine the ham, cream cheese, 3/4 cup each of the swiss and cheddar cheeses, and the pinch of cayenne pepper in a glass bowl.

Stick the bowl in the microwave for about 45 seconds to soften the cheeses.

Mix it all together until smooth.  Transfer to a baking dish.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese over the top.

Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  Switch the oven to broil and cook 2 to 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.

Garnish with parsley and serve with toasts, crackers or bread.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment