22 June 2010

WARM CHICKEN SALAD PIE

Its no secret that I love chicken salad. In fact, I probably have some version of chicken salad once a week. So when this recipe landed in my email I had to try it. My mom tasted this at Bunko a few weeks ago and passed it on. I have to say, the name is terrible, but I can't think of anything else that would work - so Warm Chicken Salad Pie it is. I made this last week (with Candy Salad on the side) for a few of my girlfriends - what a perfect weeknight make-ahead meal!

WARM CHICKEN SALAD PIE

Chicken
3 Chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
1 Tbsp chopped onion
1 Tbsp chopped celery
1 Tbsp chopped bell pepper

Place chicken breasts in water with salt, pepper, onion, celery and bell pepper. Cook on a low boil until tender. Remove Chicken and chop the breasts (not too fine). You can also use a store-bought roasted chicken, cut in bite-size pieces.

Dressing
1 1/2 cup mayo
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

mix together.

To make the Pie
1 9-inch deep dish pie shell
2 cups bite-sized pieces of chicken
1 chopped green onion
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup Sour Cream & Onion potato chips (crushed - used for pie topping)

place pie shell in pie pan and heat for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix all other ingredients together (except chips). Pour dressing over the salad and mix together. Place in pie shell. Bake the pie at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cover the top of the pie with the crushed chips and bake for another 5 minutes to allow the topping to become golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment